Master Page edits cause javascript errors

May 2, 2011 at 2:32 PM

When I make the required changes to the master page to get the navigation working, everything I've tested so far has worked great except for one thing.  If I go to the list template gallery under the site collection settings page to upload a list template, I cannot load the ribbon for the "Documents" or "Library" tabs.  It will remain in a loading state indefinitely.  There is also a javascript error on the page.  If I swap back to an unedited version of the master page, I can access those options with no issue.  I've replicated the issue in a couple different environments.  Is anyone else experiencing this issue, or might it be something specific to our machine image/settings?  Did I miss a step in the implementation that might be throwing this error?

May 2, 2011 at 2:38 PM

It looks like I did miss something.  If you look at the documentation page there is a note in there that after you verify that the new navigation works, you should delete the old menu control that was previously commented out.   Once I did that, the javascript errors disappeared.